1. Figures derived from internal Humana September 2021 data. 2. Mankato Clinic July 2021 data.
3. Paxton Medical July 2021 data.
4. Intermountain Health Care July 2021 data.
5. Ziliak JP, Gundersen C. The Health Consequences of Senior Hunger in the United States: Evidence from the 1999-2014 NHANES. Report submitted
to Feeding America; 2017. https://www.feedingamerica.org/sites/default/files/research/senior-hunger-research/senior-health-consequences-2014.pdf. Accessed Aug. 12, 2021.
6. Oronce, C. I. A., Miake-Lye, I. M., Begashaw, M. M., Booth, M., Shrank, W. H., & Shekelle, P. G. (2021). Interventions to Address Food Insecurity Among Adults in Canada and the US. JAMA Health Forum, 2(8), e212001. https://doi.org/10.1001/jamahealthforum.2021.2001.
7. https://www.feedingamerica.org/sites/default/files/2020-05/2020-Executive%20summary The%20State%20of%20Senior%20Hunger.pdf.
8. https://www.feedingamerica.org/sites/default/files/2020-05/2020-Executive%20summary The%20State%20of%20Senior%20Hunger.pdf.
9. Hostetter, J., Schwarz, N., Klug, M., Wynne, J., & Basson, M. D. (2020, July 28). Primary care visits increase utilization of evidence-based preventative health measures. Retrieved August 11, 2021, from https://bmcfampract.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12875-020-01216-8.
10. Humana Medicare Advantage member health results were limited to medical claims incurred during the 2020 calendar year. Humana compared members affiliated with providers in a value-based reimbursement model agreement versus an estimation of original fee-for-service Medicare medical costs using CMS Limited Data Set Files from 2019. Estimates of cost, admission and emergency department savings are subject to restatement with the availability of more current CMS data.
11. “No Time to Waste: Deferred Care and Pandemic Recovery;” Medical Group Management Association, 2021, https://www.mgma.com/resources/ landing-pages/no-time-to-waste.
12. DispatchHealth July 2021 data.
13. Waste in the US Health Care System: Estimated Costs and Potential for Savings | Health Care Quality | JAMA | JAMA Network.
14. “Primary Care Spending in the Fee-for-Service Medicare Population;” RAND Corp., 2019, https://www.rand.org/pubs/external_publications/EP67843.html.
15. Basu et al. (2020, June 25). Primary care PRACTICE finances in The United States amid The COVID-19 PANDEMIC: Health Affairs Journal. Health Affairs. https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/full/10.1377/hlthaff.2020.00794.
16. Thousands of medical practices close under stress from pandemic. (n.d.). https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/finance/tthousands-of-medical- practices-close-under-stress-from-pandemic.html.
NCQA copyright notice and disclaimer
The HEDIS measure specifications were developed by and are owned by National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). The HEDIS measure specifications are not clinical guidelines and do not establish a standard of medical care. NCQA makes no representations, warranties or endorsement about the quality of any organization or physician that uses or reports performance measures and NCQA has no liability to anyone who relies on such measure specifications. NCQA holds a copyright in these materials and can rescind or alter these materials at any time. These materials may not be modified by anyone other than NCQA. Use of the Rules for Allowable Adjustments of HEDIS to make permitted adjustments of the materials does not constitute a modification. Any commercial use and/or internal or external reproduction, distribution and publication must be approved by NCQA and are subject to a license at the discretion of NCQA. Any use of the materials to identify records or calculate measure results, for example, requires a custom license and may necessitate certification pursuant to NCQA’s Measure Certification Program. Reprinted with permission by NCQA. © 2021 NCQA, all rights reserved.
Limited proprietary coding is contained in the measure specifications for convenience. NCQA disclaims all liability for use or accuracy of any third-party code values contained in the specifications. The full text of this notice and disclaimer is available here.